Monday, March 24, 2008

The book which can transform you ....
I still remember i used to mention “Reading Books” as one of my hobbies in my school days . But i was not .... And still i doubt i am ... But i can proudly mention some books which made deep impression in my life ... One of them which i Still don't own as mine ... “Autobiography of a Yogi “ ....
Doesn't mean that i never owned it ... Yes several times .... sounds bit exaggerated ... No ...


Getting bored .... Let me explain why i am so impressed about this book ....
I happened to read this book ( which was presented by one of my teacher who had already read this several times ... ) when i was going through a tough situation in my life .... I will never claim this book has transformed a lot ... But indeed it gave me immense courage to tackle that situation ....
I have presented this book to many my friends . One of my close friend said ... My dear i am not able to read this ; not because am not interested or because of the disbelief about the incidents narrated in this book but because ; i feel as if something or some external force trying to refrain me from reading this . Since i respect this book, its author and i do believe there are certain forces which are far beyond from the realms of modern science please take this book back . From that day onwards i decided i must be very much careful in choosing the person to whom i gift this book .

1 comment:

Arun Nair said...

There is an incident narrated by Swami in that book in which he passes by a temple where people were singing devotional songs loudly. With a negetive thought about their not so deep way of devotion he moved ahead in search of the saint whom he was suppose to meet there. After a day long search also he couldn't reach the saint's asram. Finally some stranger showed him the right path, with a question "However we may shout, if it is the almighty's name, it is sweet, isn't it? ". ( I dont remember the exact passage. but this is what I could remember of it ). By narrating this story, swami himself is explaing us the way he was tested for a small ignorance came into his mind as a youngster. Here I was tested by my God with a huge delay in completing the book. I repented for my ignorance,ego and was telling Vinod about my disappointment about the delay I was facing to complete the final 100 pages of that book. To my great delight and relief, I could complete it soon after our talk. It is about leaving your ego,however small it may be...Thanks for reminding it Vinod. A great lesson.